Dozer has become more like a bot then most of my previous projects. I actually managed to fix several issues I've always had with some of my tools and materials, and that's really helped. So the chain of design now is mainly: SketchUp + table saw + scroll saw + 800 trips to Lowe's for screws = bot.
I decided since the competition limited the bot size to a rough 6" x 6" square, I'd want to maximize my entry to take advantage of as much pushing surface as I could manage. I ended up with a 6" circle, with the tires silightly inset to help fit. I ended up around 6 1/4" across. Not to shabby for roughing much of it with hot glue and some bolts.
I'm still working on the sensor code, but I do have much of the physical issues under control. Here's a few progress pics and a short video of the lil' guy running around my carpets on a random pattern. Mostly 'cause he's blind at that point.
Update: Turns out that Facebook strips YouTube videos out of blogs it imports for some reason. If you're looking at this from there, and want to see the vid, head on over to www.hometownhacker.com and get the REAL stories!